Create and Manage Custom Dashboards
Custom Dashboards provide a toolbox for building your own visual interface around Harness data using flexible filtering and criteria. By creating and fine-tuning visualizations that slice and dice your data, you can identify and optimize:
- Development and deployment velocity
- Rollback durations and other useful metrics
Harness user's interaction with Custom Dashboards is role-based. Certain options depend on their membership in a Harness User Group with specific Account Permissions. For more information, see Manage Groups and Permissions.
Only Harness Account Administrators can create a Custom Dashboard. However, you can share the dashboard with other non-admin users. For more information, see Share a Custom Dashboard.
If you're a non-Administrator, you can work with the Custom Dashboards that are shared with you.
In this topic:
Before You Begin
Step: Create a Dashboard
To create a Custom Dashboard, perform the following steps:
- In Harness click Custom Dashboards and then click Create Custom Dashboard.
- Enter a Dashboard Name. This should be unique within your Harness account.
- Optionally, enter a Description. This can be used to communicate the dashboard's purpose to other users.
- Click Submit. Your new Custom Dashboard will open in the initial state as shown below.
Step: Edit or Clone a Dashboard
At a Custom Dashboard's upper-right corner, Account Administrators see these additional controls for modifying the dashboard as a whole. The following options are available:
Add a Widget
Click Add Widget to populate your Custom Dashboard with Widgets. For more information, see Add and Configure Dashboard Widgets.
Expand or Collapse a Custom Dashboard
To enter/exit Full Screen display of your dashboard, click the Expand/Collapse toggle.
Edit a Custom Dashboard
- Click the More Options ••• and select Edit.
- In Update Custom Dashboard, enter the Dashboard Name and Description (optional).
- Click Submit.
Clone a Custom Dashboard
- Click the More Options ••• and select Clone.
- In Clone Custom Dashboard, enter the Dashboard Name and Description (optional).
- Click Submit.
Delete a Custom Dashboard
- Click the More Options ••• and select Delete.
- Click Delete.
Manage a Custom Dashboard
Click the More Options ••• and select Manage. This option allows you to Share a Custom Dashboard.