Connect to Dynatrace
The first step in using Dynatrace with Harness is to set up a Dynatrace Verification Provider in Harness.
A Harness Verification Provider is a connection to monitoring tools such as Dynatrace. Once Harness is connected, you can use Deployment Verification with your Dynatrace data and analysis.
In this topic:
- Before You Begin
- Step 1: Generate Dynatrace Access Token
- Step 2: Add Dynatrace Verification Provider
- Step 3: URL
- Step 4: API Token
- Step 5: Display Name
- Step 6: Usage Scope
- Next Steps
Before You Begin
- See the Dynatrace Verification Overview.
Step 1: Generate Dynatrace Access Token
Dynatrace requires token-based authentication for accessing the Dynatrace API. For more information, see Access tokens from Dynatrace.
To generate a Dynatrace access token, do the following:
- Log into your Dynatrace environment.
- In the navigation menu, click Settings, and then click Integration.
- Select Dynatrace API. The Dynatrace API page appears.
- Enter a token name in the text field. The default Dynatrace API token switches are sufficient for Harness.
- Click Generate. The token appears in the token list.
- Click Edit. The token details appear.
- Click Copy. You will use this token when connecting Harness to Dynatrace, described below.
Step 2: Add Dynatrace Verification Provider
To add Dynatrace as a verification provider, do the following:
- In Harness, click Setup.
- Click Connectors.
- Click Verification Providers.
- Click Add Verification Provider, and select Dynatrace. The Dynatrace dialog for your provider appears.
Step 3: URL
The URL of your Dynatrace account. The URL has the following syntax:https://your_environment_ID.live.dynatrace.comHTTPS is mandatory for Dynatrace connections.
Step 4: API Token
In Encrypted API Token, enter in the API token you created in Dynatrace, described above.
Step 5: Display Name
The name for the Dynatrace verification provider connection in Harness. If you will have multiple Dynatrace connections, enter a unique name.
You will use this name to select this connection when integrating Dynatrace with the Verify Steps of your workflows, described below.
Step 6: Usage Scope
Usage scope is inherited from the secrets used in the settings.