1 - Dynatrace Connection Setup
The first step in using Dynatrace with Harness is to set up an Dynatrace Verification Provider in Harness.
A Harness Verification Provider is a connection to monitoring tools such as Dynatrace. Once Harness is connected, you can use Deployment Verification with your Dynatrace data and analysis.
Generate Dynatrace Access Token
Dynatrace requires token-based authentication for accessing the Dynatrace API. For more information, see Access tokens from Dynatrace.
To generate a Dynatrace access token, do the following:
- Log into your Dynatrace environment.
- In the navigation menu, click Settings, and then click Integration.
- Select Dynatrace API. The Dynatrace API page appears.
- Enter a token name in the text field. The default Dynatrace API token switches are sufficient for Harness.
- Click Generate. The token appears in the token list.
- Click Edit. The token details appear.
- Click Copy. You will use this token when connecting Harness to Dynatrace, described below.
Dynatrace Verification Provider Setup
To add Dynatrace as a verification provider, do the following:
- In Harness, click Setup.
- Click Connectors.
- Click Verification Providers.
- Click Add Verification Provider, and select Dynatrace. The Dynatrace dialog for your provider appears.
The Dynatrace dialog has the following fields.
The URL of your Dynatrace account. The URL has the following syntax:https://your_environment_ID.live.dynatrace.comHTTPS is mandatory for Dynatrace connections.
Paste in the API token you created in Dynatrace, described above.
The name for the Dynatrace verification provider connection in Harness. If you will have multiple Dynatrace connections, enter a unique name.
You will use this name to select this connection when integrating Dynatrace with the Verify Steps of your workflows, described below.
If you want to restrict the use of a provider to specific applications and environments, do the following:
In Usage Scope, click the drop-down under Applications, and click the name of the application.
In Environments, click the name of the environment.