Elasticsearch Verification Overview
This guide describes how to set up Harness Continuous Verification features and monitor your deployments and production applications using its unsupervised machine-learning functionality on Elasticsearch.
Walk through this guide in the following order:
- Elasticsearch Connection Setup
- 24/7 Service Guard for Elasticsearch
- Verify Deployments with Elasticsearch
- Troubleshooting Elasticsearch
Harness Continuous Verification integrates with ELK to verify your deployments and live production applications using the following Harness features:
- 24/7 Service Guard - Monitors your live, production applications.
- Deployment Verification - Monitors your application deployments, and performs automatic rollback according to your criteria.
This document describes how to set up these Harness Continuous Verification features and monitor your deployments and production applications using its unsupervised machine-learning functionality.
Exceptions with Elasticsearch via Kibana
Harness Analysis of Elasticsearch Verification
Harness verifies your deployments and production services using the following features:
- 24/7 Service Guard - Monitors your live, production applications using Harness Continuous Verification.
- Deployment Verification - Monitors your application deployments using Harness Continuous Verification, and performs automatic rollback according to your criteria.
You set up ELK and Harness in the following way:
- ELK - Monitor your application using ELK. In this article, we assume that you are using ELK to monitor your application already.
- Verification Provider Setup - In Harness, you connect Harness to your ELK account, adding ELK as a Harness Verification Provider.
- Harness Application - Create a Harness Application with a Service and an Environment. We do not cover Application set up in this article. See Application Checklist.
- 24/7 Service Guard Setup- In the Environment, set up 24/7 Service Guard to monitor your live, production application.
- Verify Deployments:
- Add a Workflow to your Harness Application and deploy your microservice or application to the service infrastructure in your Environment.
- After you have run a successful deployment, you then add verification steps to the Workflow using your Verification Provider.
- Harness uses unsupervised machine-learning and Elasticsearch analytics to analyze your future deployments, discovering events that might be causing your deployments to fail. Then you can use this information to set rollback criteria and improve your deployments.