Add Jenkins Artifact Servers
Connect your Jenkins artifact servers with Harness.
In this topic:
- Before You Begin
- Review: Jenkins Permissions
- Step 1: Select Jenkins Artifact Server
- Step 2: Display Name
- Step 3: Jenkins URL
- Step 4: Authentication Mechanism
Before You Begin
- See Harness Key Concepts.
Review: Jenkins Permissions
Make sure the user account for this connection has the following required permissions in the Jenkins Server.
- Overall: Read.
- Job: Build (if you plan to trigger a build as part of your workflow)
For token-based authentication, go to http://Jenkins-IP-address/jobs/me/configure to check and change your API access token. The token is added as part of the HTTP header.
Step 1: Select Jenkins Artifact Server
To connect to an artifact server, do the following:
- Click Setup.
- Click Connectors.
- Click Artifact Servers.
- Click Add Artifact Server.
- In Type, select Jenkins.
Step 2: Display Name
Enter a name for the Jenkins Server. This is the name you will use to identify this connection when adding an Artifact Source to a Harness Service.
Step 3: Jenkins URL
Enter the URL of the Jenkins server. If you are using the Jenkins SaaS (cloud) edition, the URL is in your browser's location field. If you are using the standalone edition of Jenkins, the URL is located in Manage Jenkins, Jenkins Location:
Step 4: Authentication Mechanism
Enter the credentials to authenticate with the server.
- Username — Enter the user account username.
- Select Encrypted Password/Token — Select/create a Harness Encrypted Text secret using the Jenkins API token or password in the Password field.
- Bearer Token(HTTP Header) — Select/create a Harness Encrypted Text secret using the OpenShift OAuth Access Token in Select Encrypted Bearer Token(HTTP Header).
For more information, see Authentication from OpenShift. For token-based authentication, go to http://Jenkins-IP-address/jobs/me/configure to check and change your API access token. The token is added as part of the HTTP header.
For secrets and other sensitive settings, select or create a new Harness Encrypted Text secret.
Usage Scope is determined by the secret you selected.