Override Remote Values YAML Files
If your Harness Kubernetes Service links to a remote repo for its values.yaml file, you can override the remote file or remote Helm chart's values.yaml.
In this topic:
- Before You Begin
- Step 1: Pick a Store Type
- Option 1: Use a Local Override
- Option 2: Use a Remote Override
- Next Steps
Before You Begin
Step 1: Pick a Store Type
- In the Values YAML Override section of a Harness Kubernetes Service that uses remote resource files, click Add Values.
- In Store Type, select Local or Remote.
Option 1: Use a Local Override
- Enter the YAML you want to use to override the remote Values YAML file (values.yaml).
- Enter any new values and click Submit. The override is added to Values YAML Override.
Option 2: Use a Remote Override
- In Source Repository, select the Git repo you added as a Source Repo Provider.
- For Commit ID, select either Latest from Branch and enter in the branch name, or Specific Commit ID and enter in the commit ID.
- In File path, enter the path to the values.yaml file in the repo, including the repo name, like helm/values.yaml.
Values in Services can also be overwritten in Harness Environments. For more information, see Override Harness Kubernetes Service Settings.