Apply Filters Using Tags
Once you’ve Applied Tags to your Harness Applications and components, you can use these Tags to filter what components you see. This topic describes how to use Tags to create different views of your Applications and components.
In this topic:
- Before You Begin
- Visual Summary
- Step 1: Filter Applications or Components by Tags
- Step 2: Manage Applied Filters
- Next Steps
Before You Begin
Step 1: Filter Applications or Components By Tags
Look for a Filter button at the upper right. These are shown below (with tooltips) for the Setup > Applications list, and for a single Application's Infrastructure Provisioners page:
To filter Applications or their components by Tags:
- Click the Filter button (highlighted above).
This opens the Filter dialog, initially empty:
- The Name field enables free-text filtering of the currently displayed Harness entity (Applications or an Application component). This option will display entities whose names (or their substrings) match the text that you enter.Harness applies AND search logic between the Name and Tags fields. So any Name string that you enter will further restrict the results of your Tags selection, and vice versa.
- Click the Tags multi-select field to open the controls shown below.
- Click the Match:All radio button to apply AND (restrictive) search logic among multiple Tag selections. Accept the default Match:Any radio button to perform an OR (inclusive) search among multiple Tags.
- Use the Search box to locate desired Tags, or Tag values, by free-text search. Or, manually scroll the list of Tags and values.
Tag names have a gray background. Tag values have a white background, and are indented after their check boxes.
- To retrieve Harness entities that match a given Tag with any value, select the Any Value check box to the Tag's right. To match only one or more specific values, select the check boxes to their left.Within a given Tag, inclusive OR search logic is always applied among the values you select. (Remember that each Tag can take only one value on a given Application or component—so a restrictive AND search for two or more values would always return zero results.) The search logic among your selected Tags is either OR or AND—depending on your Match setting.The Tags field updates to display a running summary of your selections.
- When you are ready to display the results of your selected filter conditions, click Apply. To discard all selections and keep the dialog open to make new selections, click Clear All.
Step 2: Manage Applied Filters
Once you've applied filters to an Application or component, you can adjust or remove them using controls similar to those that Harness provides for Audit Trails filters. For details, see Update or Save Filters.