2 - 24/7 Service Guard for CloudWatch
Harness 24/7 Service Guard monitors your live applications, catching problems that surface minutes or hours following deployment. For more information, see 24/7 Service Guard Overview.
You can add your CloudWatch monitoring to Harness 24/7 Service Guard in your Harness Application Environment. For a setup overview, see 1 - CloudWatch Connection Setup.
To set up 24/7 Service Guard for CloudWatch, do the following:
- Ensure that you have added CloudWatch as a Harness Verification Provider, as described in Verification Provider Setup.
- In your Harness Application, ensure that you have added a Service, as described in Services. For 24/7 Service Guard, you do not need to add an Artifact Source to the Service, or configure its settings. You simply need to create a Service and name it. It will represent your application for 24/7 Service Guard.
- In your Harness Application, click Environments.
- In Environments, ensure that you have added an Environment for the Service you added. For steps on adding an Environment, see Environments.
- Click the Environment for your Service. Typically, the Environment Type is Production.
- In the Environment page, locate 24/7 Service Guard.
- In 24/7 Service Guard, click Add Service Verification, and then click CloudWatch. The CloudWatch dialog appears.
- Fill out the dialog. The dialog has the following fields.
The name that will identify this service on the Continuous Verification dashboard. Use a name that indicates the environment and monitoring tool, such as CloudWatch.
The Harness Service to monitor with 24/7 Service Guard.
Select the CloudWatch Verification Provider to use.
Select the AWS region where the ECS and/or ELB are located.
Click Add for each load balancer you want to monitor. For more information, see Elastic Load Balancing Metrics and Dimensions from AWS.
This Cluster drop-down menu contains the available ECS clusters. The Metrics drop-down contains the available metrics. Select the metrics to monitor.
You can see the available metrics in CloudWatch.
For more information, see Using Amazon CloudWatch Metrics from AWS.
Select the Lambda function and metrics to monitor. The functions displayed are from the region you selected. Only functions that have been deployed are displayed.
Enable 24/7 Service Guard
Enable this setting to turn on 24/7 Service Guard. If you simply want to set up 24/7 Service Guard, but not enable it, leave this setting disabled.
When you are finished, the dialog will look something like this:
- Click TEST. Harness verifies the settings you entered.
- Click SUBMIT. The CloudWatch 24/7 Service Guard to configured.
To see the running 24/7 Service Guard analysis, click Continuous Verification.
The 24/7 Service Guard dashboard displays the production verification results.
For information on using the dashboard, see 24/7 Service Guard Overview.