This topic discusses Harness Service Infrastructures, which are part of a Harness Environment.
In this topic:
Service Infrastructure Overview
The Service Infrastructure for an Environment is where you specify a deployment infrastructure, using a Cloud Provider you added in Add Cloud Providers, a deployment type, such Kubernetes, and the specific infrastructure details for the deployment, like VPC settings.
Add a Service Infrastructure
To add a Service Infrastructure, do the following:
- In an Application, open an Environment.
- In Service Infrastructure, click Add Service Infrastructure. The Service Infrastructure dialog appears.
- In Service, click the name of the Service that will deploy to this Environment.
- In Deployment Type, click a deployment type such as Kubernetes.
- In Cloud Provider, click the cloud provider where you will deploy the service.
- Click Next. Harness will retrieve the cluster information from the cloud provider you selected.
- In Cluster Name, click the name of the cluster where you want to deploy the service.
- In Namespace, select the name of the cluster namespace.
- Click SUBMIT. The infrastructure is listed under Service Infrastructure.
For some Service Infrastructures, you will need to select VPC details and enter Connection Attributes. Connection Attributes are SSH keys used to connect to hosts in the VPC. This authentication is different from that performed by the Cloud Provider you select, which is used for API communication.
Connection Attributes use SSH keys set up in Harness Secrets. For more information, see Secrets Management.