2 - 24/7 Service Guard for Datadog
Harness 24/7 Service Guard monitors your live applications, catching problems that surface minutes or hours following deployment. For more information, see 24/7 Service Guard Overview.
You can add your Datadog monitoring to Harness 24/7 Service Guard in your Harness Application Environment. For a setup overview, see 1 - Datadog Connection Setup.
24/7 Service Guard Setup
To set up 24/7 Service Guard for Datadog, do the following:
- Ensure that you have added Datadog as a Harness Verification Provider, as described in Verification Provider Setup.
- In your Harness Application, ensure that you have added a Service, as described in Services. For 24/7 Service Guard, you do not need to add an Artifact Source to the Service, or configure its settings. You simply need to create a Service and name it. It will represent your application for 24/7 Service Guard.
- In your Harness Application, click Environments.
- In Environments, ensure that you have added an Environment for the Service you added. For steps on adding an Environment, see Environments.
- Click the Environment for your Service. Typically, the Environment Type is Production.
- In the Environment page, locate 24/7 Service Guard.
- In 24/7 Service Guard, click Add Service Verification, and then click Datadog. The Datadog dialog appears.
- Fill out the dialog. The dialog has the following fields.
The name that will identify this service on the Continuous Verification dashboard. Use a name that indicates the environment and monitoring tool, such as Datadog.
The Harness Service to monitor with 24/7 Service Guard.
Select the Datadog Verification Provider to use.
In Datadog Service Name, enter which service in Datadog you want to monitor. By default, Datadog monitors the servlet hits (number of incoming requests), servlet duration, and errors. Harness will fetch this data for every Web transaction with the service you enter and display it in 24/7 Service Guard as Errors, Hits, Request Duration.
Docker Container Metrics
Select the Docker container infrastructure metrics to monitor.
Use the Datadog tag format, such as
Datadog Custom Metrics
Moderately sensitive is recommended.
Enable 24/7 Service Guard
Enable this setting to turn on 24/7 Service Guard. If you simply want to set up 24/7 Service Guard, but not enable it, leave this setting disabled.
When you are finished, the dialog will look something like this:
- Click TEST. Harness verifies the settings you entered.
- Click SUBMIT. The Datadog 24/7 Service Guard is added.
To see the running 24/7 Service Guard analysis, click Continuous Verification.
The 24/7 Service Guard dashboard displays the production verification results.
For more information, see 24/7 Service Guard Overview.