Custom Verification Overview
Harness includes first-class support for all of the major APM and logging vendors, but there are cases where a custom APM is needed.
This guide describes how to set up Harness Continuous Verification features, and monitor your deployments using Harness' unsupervised machine-learning functionality, on Custom APMs.
Walk through this guide in the following order:
- Integration Overview
- Custom Verification Connection Setup
- 24/7 Service Guard for Custom Logs
- 24/7 Service Guard for Custom Metrics
- Verify Deployments with Custom APMs
- Datadog as a Custom APM
- AppDynamics as a Custom APM
You set up your Custom Metrics or Logs Provider and Harness in the following way:
- Using your Custom Metrics or Logs Provider, you monitor your microservice or application.
- In Harness, you connect Harness to your Custom Metrics or Logs Provider account, adding the Custom Metrics or Logs Provider as a Harness Verification Provider.
- After you have run a successful deployment of your microservice or application in Harness, you then add an Verification step(s) to your Harness deployment Workflow.
- Harness uses your Custom Metrics or Logs Provider to verify your future microservice/application deployments.
- Harness Continuous Verification uses unsupervised machine-learning to analyze your deployments and Custom Metrics or Logs Provider analytics, discovering events that might be causing your deployments to fail. Then you can use this information to improve your deployments.