Connect to Bugsnag
The first step in using Bugsnag with Harness is to set up an Bugsnag Verification Provider in Harness.
A Harness Verification Provider is a connection to monitoring tools such as Bugsnag. Once Harness is connected, you can use Harness 24/7 Service Guard and Deployment Verification with your Bugsnag data and analysis.
In this topic:
- Before You Begin
- Step 1: Add Bugsnag Verification Provider
- Step 2: Bugsnag URL
- Step 3: Encrypted Auth Token
- Step 4: Display Name
- Step 5: Usage Scope
- Next Steps
Before You Begin
- See the Bugsnag Verification Overview.
Step 1: Add Bugsnag Verification Provider
To add Bugsnag as a verification provider, do the following:
- Click Setup.
- Click Connectors, and then click Verification Providers.
- Click Add Verification Provider, and select Bugsnag. The Add Bugsnag Verification Provider dialog for your provider appears.
The Add Bugsnag Verification Provider dialog has the following fields.
Step 2: Bugsnag URL
Enter https://api.bugsnag.com/. This is the URL for the Bugsnag API.
Step 3: Encrypted Auth Token
Enter the Data Access API personal auth token for your Bugsnag account. Here is how you get the token in Bugsnag:
- In Bugsnag, click your account icon in the top-right of any page, and then click Settings.
- In the My account page, next to Data Access API, click Personal auth tokens.
- In Personal auth tokens, click GENERATE NEW TOKEN.The Generate new auth token dialog appears.
- In Token description, enter a name, such as Harness, and click GENERATE. The auth token is generated.
- Click Copy to clipboard.
- In Harness, in the Add Bugsnag Verification Provider dialog, paste the token in the Auth Token field.
Step 4: Display Name
The name for this Bugsnag verification provider connection in Harness. If you will have multiple Bugsnag connections, enter a unique name. You will use this name to select this connection when integrating Bugsnag with the Verify Steps of your workflows, described below.
Step 5: Usage Scope
Usage scope is inherited from the secret used in Encrypted Auth Token.