The Harness Platform has two components:
- Harness Manager - Harness Manager is where your deployment configuration is stored and your pipelines are managed and executed. Harness Manager is available either as SaaS (running in the Harness cloud) or as On-Prem (running in your infrastructure).
- Harness Delegate - The Harness Delegate is software you install in your environment that connects to the Harness Manager and performs Continuous Delivery tasks by connecting to your container orchestration platforms, artifact repositories, monitoring systems, etc.
Harness is available in three architectures:
- Harness SaaS - Our SaaS architecture where the Harness Manager runs in our cloud environment and is managed entirely by Harness.
- Connected On-Prem - The Harness Manager runs in your enterprise environment ("on-premises") and Harness manages the installation through a connection to Harness' SaaS. For more information, see On-Prem Overview and Harness Connected On-Prem Setup.
- Disconnected On-Prem - The Harness Manager runs in your enterprise environment and you manage the installation. For more information, see Harness Disconnected On-Prem Setup.