Add AppDynamics as a Verification Provider
To set up AppDynamics to work with Harness' Continuous Verification features, you must add AppDynamics as Harness Verification Provider. This topic covers:
- Before You Begin
- Step 1: Add Verification Provider
- Step 2: Display Name
- Step 3: Account Name
- Step 4: Controller URL
- Step 5: User Name and Password
- Step 6: Usage Scope
- Step 7: Test and Save
- Next Step
Before You Begin
- Set up a Harness Application, containing a Service and Environment. See Create an Application.
- See the AppDynamics Verification Overview.
- The AppDynamics account that you use to connect Harness to AppDynamics must have the following General Permission:
View, Edit and Delete permissions for new applications can be set as part of the default permissions for a custom role.
Harness does not support AppDynamics Lite. If you set up AppDynamics with Harness using an AppDynamics Pro Trial account, and that trial expires, you will be using AppDynamics Lite—which will not work with Harness.
If you require more flexibility than the standard integration outlined here, you also have the option to add AppDynamics as a Custom APM.
Step 1: Add Verification Provider
To begin adding AppDynamics as a Harness Verification Provider,:
- In Harness, click Setup.
- Click Connectors, and then click Verification Providers.
- Click Add Verification Provider, and select AppDynamics. The Add AppDynamic Verification Provider dialog appears.
Step 2: Display Name
Enter a name for this connection. You will use this name when selecting the Verification Provider in Harness Environments and Workflows.
If you plan to use multiple providers of the same type, ensure that you give each provider a different name.
Step 3: Account Name
In the Account Name field, enter the name of AppDynamics account you want to use.
Step 4: Controller URL
In the Controller URL field, enter the URL of the AppDynamic controller in the format:
Step 5: User Name and Password
In the User Name and Password fields, enter the credentials to authenticate with the AppDynamics server.
Step 6: Usage Scope
If you want to restrict the use of this AppDynamics provider to specific Applications and Environments, modify the dialog's Usage Scope section as follows:
- Click the X to delete either or both of the default broad scopes.
- Click Add Row.
- Click the drop-down under Applications, and click the name of the Application to authorize.
- In Environments, click the name of the corresponding Environment.
Step 7: Test and Save
- When you have set up the dialog, click Test.
- Once the test is successful, click Submit to add this Verification Provider.