1 - AppDynamics Connection Setup
The first step in using AppDynamic with Harness is to set up an AppDynamics Verification Provider in Harness.
A Harness Verification Provider is a connection to monitoring tools such as AppDynamics. Once Harness is connected, you can use Harness 24/7 Service Guard and Deployment Verification with your AppDynamics data and analysis.
View, Edit and Delete permissions for new applications can be set as part of the default permissions for a custom role
For more information, see General Permissions from AppDynamics.
AppDynamics Verification Provider Setup
To add AppDynamics as a Harness Verification Provider, do the following:
- In Harness, click Setup.
- Click Connectors, and then click Verification Providers.
- Click Add Verification Provider, and select AppDynamics. The AppDynamic Verification Provider dialog appears.
- Complete the following fields of the Add AppDynamics Verification Provider dialog.
Enter the name of AppDynamics account you want to use.
For Harness On-Prem, enter customer1.
Enter the URL of the AppDynamic controller in the format:http://<Controller_Host>:<port>/controller.For example, https://xxxx.saas.appdynamics.com/controller.
Username and Password
Enter the credentials to authenticate with the server.
Enter a display name for the provider. If you are going to use multiple providers of the same type, ensure you give each provider a different name.
If you want to restrict the use of a provider to specific applications and environments, do the following:
In Usage Scope, click the drop-down under Applications, and click the name of the application.
In Environments, click the name of the environment.
- When you have set up the dialog, click TEST.
- Once the test is completed, click SUBMIT to add the Verification Provider.