Managing Harness Secrets
You can view a Secret's Setup Usage, Runtime Usage, and Change Logs. You can also delete a Secret.
In this topic:
- Before You Begin
- Step 1: View a Secret's Setup Usage
- Step 2: View a Secret's Runtime Usage
- Step 3: View a Secret's Change Log
- Option: Deleting Harness Secrets
Before You Begin
- See the overview of Secrets Management.
Step 1: View a Secret's Setup Usage
- Select Continuous Security > Secrets Management. The Secrets Management page appears.
- In Secrets Management, click Encrypted Text. The list of Encrypted Texts appear.
- In the Setup Usage column, click the number corresponding to the secret to view the usage of the secret.
The Setup Usage window appears and displays the following details:
- Type - The type of element, such as Connector or Cloud Provider.
- Usage - Where the secret has been used
- Name - Name of the Application
- Field - field where the secret has been used as part of the setup process
If the Secret has been used as a Service Configuration Variable, it displays the Service where the Secret has been used and the variable name.
For Encrypted Files, the Setup Usage displays the following details:
- Type - Service Configuration File
- Usage details
- Service - Name of the Service
- Relative File Path - The variable defining the relative file path
If the secret has not been used already, the number will be 0 and no details will be displayed.
Step 2: View a Secret's Runtime Usage
In the Run Time Usage column, click the number to view the run time usage details of the secret.
The Run Time Usage window displays a list of deployments where the secret has been used and the triggered time for each deployment. Click the Deployment Name to access the deployment.
If the secret has not been used for deployments already, the number will be 0 and no details will be displayed.
Step 3: View a Secret's Change Log
In the Change Log column, click the number associated with the secret. The Change Log window appears. It shows the following details:
Name of the user who changed the Secret
Time when the Secret was changed
The specific details of the change, such as whether the password was created, changed, or modified.
Option: Deleting Harness Secrets
In the row where the Secret appears, click X that appears in the last column to delete the Secret. The Confirm Delete window appears.
Click Confirm to delete the Secret.