Delegate Server Requirements
The article lists the system and network requirements for the server running the Harness Delegate.
For the permissions and ports required by the Delegate for the different providers supported by Harness, see Delegate Connection Requirements.
The Delegate is installed in your network and connects to Harness Manager.
- Linux/UNIX server/container.
- Minimum of 1 CPU and 8GB RAM. Ensure that you provide the minimum memory for the Delegate and enough memory for the host/node system. For example, an AWS EC2 instance type, such as m5.xlarge, has 16GB of RAM: 8 for the Delegate and 8 for the remaining operations.
- Minimum 6GB disk space.
- Access to artifact servers, deployment environments, and cloud providers
Delegate System Access Requirements
- The Harness Delegate does NOT require root account access. Use a service account for the Harness Delegate.
The following network requirements are for connectivity between the Harness Delegate you run in your network and the Harness Manager (SaaS or On-Prem), and for your browser connection to the Harness Manager.
- HTTPS port 443 outbound from the Delegate to Harness.
- HTTPS port 443 from your browser to Harness.
- Delegate requirements: The Delegate will need API/SSH/HTTP access to the providers you add to Harness, such as:
- Cloud Providers.
- Verification Providers.
- Artifact Servers (repos).
- Source repositories.
- Collaboration Providers.
- SSH access to target physical and virtual servers.
For more information, see Supported Technologies.