Pause All Triggers using Deployment Freeze
You can stop all of your Harness Triggers from executing deployments using Harness Deployment Freeze.
Deployment Freeze is a Harness Governance feature that stops all Harness deployments, including their Triggers. A deployment freeze helps ensure stability during periods of low engineering and support activity, such as holidays, trade shows, or company events.
In this topic:
- Before You Begin
- Step 1: Enable Deployment Freeze
- Option: Add Deployment Freeze Window
- Step 2: Verify Deployment Freeze
- Step 3: Cancel Deployment Freeze
Before You Begin
Step 1: Enable Deployment Freeze
The following procedure freezes both manual and Trigger-based deployments:
- In Security, click Governance. The Deployment Governance settings appear.
- Slide the Deployment Freeze slider to ON.
- Click Confirm. The Deployment Freeze is now enabled.
Option: Add Deployment Freeze Window
By default, a Deployment Freeze takes effect account-wide as soon as you enable it, and remains in effect until you manually disable it. However, you can modify this behavior by adding Deployment Freeze Windows, which restrict the freeze to a range of days and (optionally) Harness Applications.
To add a Deployment Freeze Window:
- On the Deployment Governance page, click Add.
- In the resulting modal, you must select at least one Environment Type.
- Optionally, click Select Applications to restrict the Deployment Freeze Window to one or multiple Harness Applications.
- Use the date pickers to set a start and end date. Then click Submit.
The Deployment Governance page now displays the Deployment Freeze Window that you've set.
To add more Deployment Freeze Windows, just repeat the above procedure.
Step 2: Verify Deployment Freeze
To see the effects of Deployment Freeze, click Continuous Deployments. The Start New Deployment button is disabled.
These other Harness Manager elements are also disabled:
- Rerun deployment button in Deployments.
- Deploy button in Workflow.
- Deploy button in Pipeline.
Step 3: Cancel Deployment Freeze
To disable Deployment Freeze (including any scheduled Freeze Windows), just move the Deployment Governance page's slider back to OFF, and then click Confirm when prompted.