2 - 24/7 Service Guard for Bugsnag
Harness 24/7 Service Guard monitors your live applications, catching problems that surface minutes or hours following deployment. For more information, see 24/7 Service Guard Overview.
You can add your Bugsnag monitoring to Harness 24/7 Service Guard in your Harness Application Environment. For a setup overview, see .
To set up 24/7 Service Guard for Bugsnag, do the following:
- Ensure that you have added Bugsnag as a Harness Verification Provider, as described in Verification Provider Setup.
- In your Harness Application, ensure that you have added a Service, as described in Services. For 24/7 Service Guard, you do not need to add an Artifact Source to the Service, or configure its settings. You simply need to create a Service and name it. It will represent your application for 24/7 Service Guard.
- In your Harness Application, click Environments.
- In Environments, ensure that you have added an Environment for the Service you added. For steps on adding an Environment, see Environments.
- Click the Environment for your Service. Typically, the Environment Type is Production.
- In the Environment page, locate 24/7 Service Guard.
- In 24/7 Service Guard, click Add Service Verification, and then click Bugsnag.The Bugsnag dialog appears.
Fill out the dialog. The Bugsnag dialog has the following fields.
The name that will identify this service on the Continuous Verification dashboard. Use a name that indicates the environment and monitoring tool, such as Bugsnag.
The Harness Service to monitor with 24/7 Service Guard.
Select the Bugsnag verification provider you added to Harness, as described above. Harness will immediately use the connection to obtain organization and project information from Bugsnag.
Select the Organization ID for your Bugsnag account. In Bugsnag, this is the Organization name in the account's Organization page:
Select the Project ID for the Bugsnag project you want to use. In Bugsnag, this is the Project Name in the Projects page:
Enter the Bugsnag release stage, if necessary.
The keywords to search, such as
Click the checkbox to have Harness ignore host/node events and focus on the browser events Bugsnag captures.
Select the baseline time unit for monitoring. For example, if you select For 4 hours, Harness will collect the logs for the last 4 hours as the baseline for comparisons with future logs. If you select Custom Range you can enter a Start Time and End Time.
When you are finished, the dialog will look something like this:
Click TEST. Harness verifies the settings you entered.
Click SUBMIT. The ELK 24/7 Service Guard is configured.
To see the running 24/7 Service Guard analysis, click Continuous Verification. The 24/7 Service Guard dashboard displays the production verification results.
For more information, see 24/7 Service Guard Overview.