Resume Pipeline Deployments
This topic describes how to resume Pipeline deployments that fail during execution. Factors like changes to resource access or infrastructure issues can cause deployment failure. In such a scenario, rerunning an entire Pipeline can be costly and also time-consuming.
Harness provides an option to resume your Pipeline deployment from the first failed stage or any successfully executed stage before that. Fix the error that caused the failure and then resume your deployment. This also helps you avoid rerunning stages, such as Build Workflow that have built and collected an artifact.
The subsequent stages from where you select to resume your deployment from, get executed. Stages preceding the one you selected are not executed again.
In this topic:
Before You Begin
You can't modify any of the below mentioned settings:
- You cannot change Start New Deployment inputs, variables and Artifacts that are passed when you started your deployment.
- The Pipeline and the Workflows used in the Pipeline can't be changed.
- The templatization can't be changed.
- You can not add any new stage or modify any of the existing stages.
Step: Resume Pipeline
- From the Continuous Deployment, go to your Deployments.
- Click on the failed deployment that you would want to resume and click on the Resume Pipeline icon.
- In Resume Pipeline, select the stage from where you want to resume your Pipeline deployment and click Resume.
It will execute the stage you choose and all the subsequent stages.
Multiple Workflow Sets Running in Parallel
Resume capability runs at the stage level. Even if you have multiple Workflow sets running in parallel, they belong to the same stage. In that case, the resume option is run for the whole set and the full stage gets resumed.
For example, in the following image, To-Do List K8s Rolling and Failing are set up to execute in parallel. They belong to the same stage, STAGE 4. Even if one of them fails, both the stages will rerun when you resume the Pipeline deployment.
Option: View Execution History
- To view the execution history, go to the Deployments page.
- Click on the history button to view the execution history. It lists the detail of the previous executions.
You can click on the previously failed execution to view its detail.