2 - 24/7 Service Guard for Dynatrace
Harness 24/7 Service Guard monitors your live applications, catching problems that surface minutes or hours following deployment. For more information, see 24/7 Service Guard Overview.
You can add your Dynatrace monitoring to Harness 24/7 Service Guard in your Harness Application Environment. For a setup overview, see 1 - Dynatrace Connection Setup.
24/7 Service Guard Setup
To set up 24/7 Service Guard for Dynatrace, do the following:
- Ensure that you have added Dynatrace as a Harness Verification Provider, as described in Verification Provider Setup.
- In your Harness Application, ensure that you have added a Service, as described in Services. For 24/7 Service Guard, you do not need to add an Artifact Source to the Service, or configure its settings. You simply need to create a Service and name it. It will represent your application for 24/7 Service Guard.
- In your Harness Application, click Environments.
- In Environments, ensure that you have added an Environment for the Service you added. For steps on adding an Environment, see Environments.
- Click the Environment for your Service. Typically, the Environment Type is Production.
- In the Environment page, locate 24/7 Service Guard.
- In 24/7 Service Guard, click Add Service Verification, and then click Dynatrace. The Dynatrace dialog appears.
Fill out the dialog. The Dynatrace dialog has the following fields.
The name that will identify this service on the Continuous Verification dashboard. Use a name that indicates the environment and monitoring tool, such as Dynatrace.
The Harness Service to monitor with 24/7 Service Guard.
This dropdown contains the names of the Dynatrace verification providers you added, as described above.
Select the name of the Dynatrace verification provider that monitors the application defined in the Harness Service you selected in Service.
Enable 24/7 Service Guard
Enable this setting to turn on 24/7 Service Guard. If you simply want to set up 24/7 Service Guard, but not enable it, leave this setting disabled.
When you are finished, the dialog will look something like this:
Click Test. Harness verifies the settings you entered.
Click Submit. The Dynatrace 24/7 Service Guard is added.
To see the running 24/7 Service Guard analysis, click Continuous Verification.
The 24/7 Service Guard dashboard displays the production verification results.