Analyze Cost for AWS
Harness Continuous Efficiency (CE) allows you to view your AWS costs at a glance, understand what is costing the most, and analyze cost trends. CE displays the data for all your Amazon Web Services (ECS, EC2, and so on) and also helps you get details of:
- AWS cloud cost spending trend
- AWS service costing the most in the selected time range, for example, EC2 spent last month
- Primary cost contributor, for example, region, account, instance type, or usage type
- AWS spending by region, for example, US East or US West
In this topic:
Before You Begin
- Continuous Efficiency Overview
- Enable Continuous Efficiency for Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Cost Explorer Walkthrough
Step: Analyze AWS Cost
- In Continuous Efficiency, click Explorer, and then click AWS in the top navigation. The AWS services are displayed.
- View the cost of the resources that are important to you. Select a date range, Group by, and Filter by options. Based on your Group by and Filter by selection, the table, and chart display information. Hover over the chart to see the details. You can Group by:
- Service: Each of your active AWS services is displayed.
- Account: Each AWS account you are using to connect Harness to AWS via a Harness AWS Cloud Provider.
- Instance Type: Each Amazon EC2 instance type you are using.
- Usage Type: Usage types are the units that each service uses to measure the usage of a specific type of resource. For example, the BoxUsage:t2.micro(Hrs) usage type filters by the running hours of Amazon EC2 t2.micro instances.
- Region: Each AWS region you are currently running services in.
- No Grouping: The total AWS cloud cost.
- To get further granular details, use Filter by options.
The information is displayed as the following: